PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : principia rs6 e pro

cowboyjakke
21.12.2002, 19:04
hallo,

Excuse me for my english, but my german is very bad as i come from
belgium. In belgium principia is not known very well, and i've got
only a few pretty useless answers on my posting in the dutch
newsgroup. Therefore i wanted to try it here, but in english. I hope
that isn't a problem...

I've been offered a principia RS6 e pro, 8 months old, 6000 recreative kilometers, record group, very good condition. From the research I 've done, i get quite some different opinions about principia. Can you tell me your experiences with this brand or even better this model? Can somebody tell me something about the riding characteristics or about tests with this bike? I'm 1m85 and my weight is 89 kg. I'm worried that this frame isn't really suited for me (only 1150 gr). In other words i'm afraid i'm to heavy. What do you think? (i've mailed principia they said it shouden't give a problem). What would be a good price to pay for such a bike?

merry christmas an a happy cycling year

jan smets

Skadieh
21.12.2002, 19:44
Principia has a reputation for stiffness - but don't dare to use it with your Trainer;)

The sheer mentioning of the name "Principia" polarizes the board!

pfalzbube
21.12.2002, 20:03
Hi,

I ride two Principia Frames. REX Race Frame from 99 and a REX XC MTB Frame from 2000. My REX frame is about 1500 Grams and is realy stiff (i weigh 87 kg). As long as you have no accidents, you should not have any problems with this frame, but the tubes are real thin, so be careful.
The finish is great, you can ride real fast without any problems (my MAx Speed is 92 km/H.

Hope this helps you.

effedeluxe
21.12.2002, 20:11
Original geschrieben von cowboyjakke
hallo,

Excuse me for my english, but my german is very bad as i come from
belgium. In belgium principia is not known very well, and i've got
only a few pretty useless answers on my posting in the dutch
newsgroup. Therefore i wanted to try it here, but in english. I hope
that isn't a problem...

I've been offered a principia RS6 e pro, 8 months old, 6000 recreative kilometers, record group, very good condition. From the research I 've done, i get quite some different opinions about principia. Can you tell me your experiences with this brand or even better this model? Can somebody tell me something about the riding characteristics or about tests with this bike? I'm 1m85 and my weight is 89 kg. I'm worried that this frame isn't really suited for me (only 1150 gr). In other words i'm afraid i'm to heavy. What do you think? (i've mailed principia they said it shouden't give a problem). What would be a good price to pay for such a bike?

merry christmas an a happy cycling year

jan smets

Hi Jan,

here's a text from the principia manual:

"Observe the maximum total weight of the bike + rider of 90kg for the rex pro, RS6 Pro and MSL pro, 100kg for the other models (no "pro models)"

If you need this manual, I can mail it to you. Just send a mail to me: effedeluxe@gmx.de

In my opinion this frame is a little to weak for you.
You get only 2 years of warranty for all pro models. Other Principia models like Rex, RS6....have 5 years of warranty.

I wonder, why the Principia dealer said that the bike is ok for your weight. In the manual it is not so....

If you need more help, just mail...

EFFE
:)